sábado, 2 de maio de 2009

Lawrence of Arabia - David Lean

I remember thinking that those were other times in the history of mankind when I saw Lawrence riding his motorcycle without any sort of helmet -- those times being free of many of our modern worries, yes, but also a bit sillier. I mean, the use of helmets should be voluntary especially among those planning in having accidents, such as Lawrence himself. But whenever I see people discussing the morals of forcing riders to use them, and I've seen it more than once, I always get to much mesmerized by the plain fact that the floor is way harder than our heads to actually say anything out loud. In that regard, who would have guessed that not anybody in the world is as lethargic as I am? This I found out at wikipedia when I was looking for some information I don't even remember right now:

"One of the doctors attending him [Lawrence] was the neurosurgeon Hugh Cairns. He was profoundly affected by the incident and consequently began a long study of what he saw as the unnecessary loss of life by motorcycle dispatch riders through head injuries and his research led to the use of crash helmets by both military and civilian motorcyclists. As a consequence of treating Lawrence, Sir Hugh Cairns would ultimately save the lives of many motorcyclists."

***

Anyway, I was very precautious to sleep at least twice during the movie. I kept waking up, though. That ruined a couple of dreams. 

Nenhum comentário:

 
Free counter and web stats