segunda-feira, 29 de junho de 2009

I don't know if this is premature of me to say...

... but I think it’s time we ask ourselves what the hell Celine meant when she wrote that song saying that she had heard rumors about Jesse, about the bad things he did. What did she have in mind when she said that? Let us just remember that she was the one who didn’t show up at the train station. Could those rumors be the ones she read at the newspaper, about Jesse having a wife and a kid? I don't think so. Those were not rumors, let alone bad rumors. I have thought about this and my one theory is that what she was kidding about, when Jesse asked her if she dropped any name of a guy in middle of the song, my theory is that that was true. She did sing that song for any guy who would come up to her place. "Island of rain” is another piece of the lyrics which remains to be explained. And don’t give me that “island of rain” means Manhattan. For although it is true that Jesse moved to New York, it is also true that Celine had no idea about that. As far as she knew, he was still somewhere in Texas, okay? So don’t give me that “island of rain” means Manhattan. It doesn’t.

Nenhum comentário:

 
Free counter and web stats