terça-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2008

News

The only way to implement New Year's resolutions is to get the thing started before New Year's Eve. That way you can trick yourself into believing, by January 1st, that the thing you want done is already a tradition you couldn't possibly escape from keeping. I've done it before, anyway. I mean, I've written stuff in English and had the nerve and the lack of respect for others to actually post it. Not that my regular Brazilian readers do not horrify themselves with my bad usage of the Portuguese language. Writing in English, however, is perhaps a dangerous assignment for me, as I try to imitate the writers I most admire -- failing in accomplishing that much more deplorably than I'm used to do in Portuguese. All of you be darlings and forgive me for that.

My plans to extend this realm of idiocy to the English-speaking world will follow the same guidelines that oriented my approach to great empires such as Mozambique and Macau. I will choose a movie or a book and I will do some trash talk if I am not crazy about it. One in every four posts, if I can write in English one in every four posts, I figure enough damage will be done.

Nenhum comentário:

 
Free counter and web stats