domingo, 1 de fevereiro de 2009

It's a wonderful life - Frank Capra



It is. For some people, at least. For George Bailey (James Stewart), I'm sure. Coming to terms with my own background, should that be a necessity one day, I think I would agree with that. It is a wonderful life, after all. I wouldn't go as far, though, as saying that it is absolutely most ridic', positively sill' to feel otherwise. I wouldn't know, as a matter of fact, if the amount of sadness I can endure without complaining is simply larger than the average. For all I know, that might come from a particular complexion of my brain cells and by no means would I consider that to be my personal merit. But after I finished watching this movie, not one sad thought that occurred to me hanged in there for more than a couple of seconds. I immediately thought of a way of spinning it to happy feelings of joy. I didn't even need to make such a great effort. It came naturally --very naturally, by the way, like I was some sort of champion person. "Way to go, champ". When I went out to return the DVD, I walked through the streets thinking to myself that if that was the way I was feeling, there was no reason to deny it by being sad and gloomy on purpose. I found out it doesn't pay quite as well as one might think and, at least for the week, I intend to keep on the good work. One happy thought that I created, for instance, was that the stuff that somebody put in all lampposts of Moreira Cesar Av. was not a part of some kind of school activity. Probably children put it there, I know, but I thought that it could be some girl inspired by Amélie Poulain just trying to express herself. Isn't that much nicer? Please ignore what I just said if you didn't pass through this avenue the last couple of days. Or just believe me, instead, when I say that a lot of cool stuff is hanging in those lampposts: some old pictures, some mysterious words and drawings. They don't seem to mean anything other than some secret message only a good-hearted, perceptive young lover could understand. It's a wounderful life is a hell of a movie, I tell you that. It sort of messes up the cause/effect law. The message here is that no good man should feel discouraged. And what the movie does is precisely to give hope. If not hope, then the correct perspective on life, which is this: zzzzzzzzzz. Yeah, this last part I still haven't figured out.

Nenhum comentário:

 
Free counter and web stats