domingo, 18 de janeiro de 2009

Welcome to Collinwood - Antony Russo e Joe Russo


I had already seen this movie before. I knew exactly what sort of lowbrow stuff it was supposed to be, being produced by George Clooney and all. I didn't know, however, it is based on an Italian old movie by Mario freakin' Monicelli -- I soliti ignoti. Knowing this really makes me wanna become a member of Netmovies, since the store from which I rent dvd's doesn't have this original version. But I must admit that I don't know if I'm ready for such great a commitment that it is to subscribe to the services of this online store. I'm gonna give a thought, because for this thing to work out for me, I would have to rely on what the doormen of my building are capable of handling by themselves. The result of that reasoning, let me tell you, is not at all favorable. Anyway, this is not a movie that makes you wonder if you would make a fine bank robber. At least I didn't occupy my head with that thought like I usually do. Perhaps that had something to do with the sad expression of desolation with which the characters are first presented to the audience -- when it takes only two seconds to just know that something went terribly wrong... These are not witty, greedy burglars. These are just plain idiots trying to get out of the slumbs. And I know the lack of separate paragraphs on this blog is beginning to be a nuisance. I guess the Internet Explorer is to blame, for I didn't have this problem when I used Firefox. Back to Welcome to Collinwood, I have to say this: I like Sam Rockwell. He was on a version of Piccadilly Jim that sucked, but that was not his fault.

Nenhum comentário:

 
Free counter and web stats